CareCenter Missouri Bass Tournament Rules
The following rules shall be in effect for the tournament and violation hereof in any
respect may be causes for disqualification. Interpretation and enforcement of these
rules rests solely with the tournament committee whose decisions are final.
1. Eligibility: The tournament is open to all two man boats with a valid Missouri/
Arkansas fishing permit that have paid the $120 team entry fee. Minimum age 18
unless partnered with a parent or guardian.
2. Entries: Entries will be accepted until 30 minutes prior to take off. Entry fee is non-
3. Departure: Departure will be in the sequence in which contestants are accepted/
received into the tournament. Starting time is 7:00 am; check in time no later than
3:00 pm. Times may be adjusted by Tournament Director based on number of
entries and/or weather.
4. Tackle and Equipment: Only artificial bait or lures may be used. Pork style baits
are allowed. No trolling. All bass must be caught on rod and reel. Only one rod at
a time per person is allowed in the water.
5. Boats and Motors: All boats and motors must meet the legal requirements of the
State of Missouri and will be subject to inspection by tournament officials and the
Missouri State Highway Patrol. Boats must not be trailered during the tournament.
6. Sportsmanship: Courtesy and safety are expected from each contestant. Life
jackets and kill switches must be worn during take-off and when outboard motor is
running. No alcoholic beverages will be allowed in the boats during the
tournament. A contestant having a protest must submit in writing to the
Tournament Director within fifteen minutes of the closing weigh-in
7. Permitted Fishing Locations: Anywhere in the tournament lake, except within 50
feet of any public dock, buoys of take off, or another contestant’s boat. (Public
dock defined as a dock that sells gas to the public).
8. Check-In Late Penalty: Late check in will result in disqualification, no exceptions.
9. Scoring: Scoring will be determined by the pounds and ounces of each boat’s
catch during the tournament. Only Largemouth, Spotted, and Smallmouth Bass
will be weighed. The limit shall be 5 fish per boat. The official length for
Largemouth, Smallmouth, and Kentucky/Spotted Bass shall be 15”, any fish failing
to meet the minimum length requirement will not be weighed. A 2 lb penalty will be
assessed for each short fish. Any bass that appears to have been mangled,
mauled, altered, frozen, or iced will result in immediate disqualification. Each
team’s catch must be certified by a team member signature on the weigh-in slip.
There will be a 1/2 lb penalty per each dead fish weighed. No culling of dead fish
10. Tie: In case of a tie, the team with the single largest bass shall win. If the single
largest bass also results in a tie, then the team with the earliest entry will be
deemed the winner.