FMBC – Lake Bridgeport
Lake Bridgeport, Texas
9/19/2020FlowerMound Bass Club 2020
1. The members are expected to obey all federal, state, and local laws.
2. Sportsmanship, courtesy, conservation, and safe operation of boats is required of members and guests. A wanton disregard of this expectation will justify disciplinary action including disqualification of the tournament and/or expulsion from the club.
3. Life jackets are to be worn and attached properly at any time the outboard engine is operating.
4. Intoxication to any degree during a tournament or weigh-in may result in disqualification from the tournament and expulsion from the club.
5. Participants under seventeen years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
6. Competition will be on an individual basis. However, ramp fees, toll fees, and gasoline expenses are to be shared by boating companions.
7. All fish must be caught on artificial bait, using only one rod at a time.
8. Trolling is allowed with the electric motor only.
9. No fishing within 50 yards of another participant in the same tournament without permission of that person.
10. The only acceptable species of fish are largemouth, Kentucky, and smallmouth bass.
11. A member can sponsor an unlimited number of guests; however, no person can participate as a guest more than twice during the same year and not in succeeding events.
12. Tournament start time, weigh-in time, and trailering will be the decision of the tournament director. Live-well checks will be at his or her discretion also.
13. A bag with adequate water is required for transporting fish to the weigh-in. Dead fish will be weighed but with a half-pound loss.
14. Anglers are allowed a maximum of 5 fish and the largest 5 should be brought to the scale. Note: For months June – September maximum allowed number of fish is reduced to 3 allowed.
15. Participants must be in the weigh-in line by the time the tournament ends or be keeping the fish in a live-well in the boat on the trailer at the weigh-in site. Additional time will be allowed in the event the participant is delayed due to a crowded ramp.
16. Fishing on the tournament lake for the five days before the tournament is not allowed.
17. Providing another person with a fish to be used in any competition is not allowed.
18. Protests must be presented to the tournament judge within 30 minutes of the weigh-in. The tournament judge will have the club officers who are present, vote on the protest at the weigh-in site, or at the next monthly meeting if necessary. Their decision would then be final.
19. On lakes with a “slot limit” or a or a minimum length regulation of 18 inches or longer, the Flower Mound Bass Club Paper Tournament format will be initiate. All members should refer to the Flower Mound Bass Club Paper Tournament document for details and rules when this format is to be used.
20. The tournament fee of $20.00 will be divided according to the below list.
$3.00 Club expenses
$4.00 Heaviest fish
$6.00 Heaviest stringer
$4.00 Second heaviest stringer
$3.00 Classic event for Top Six anglers
Total of $20.00
21. The “Angler of the Year” will be determined by the following point system.
10 points per meeting – Attended monthly club meetings
1st Place 100 pts
2nd Place 90 pts
3rd Place 80 pts
4th Place 70 pts
5th Place to last tournament position
Each angler following 4th Place in weight order will receive 5 pts less than the participant he or she follows in weight order. (Example 5th place receives 65 pts, 6th receives 60 pts, etc.) All anglers who did not weigh any fish will be awarded 25 pts or 10 pts less than the last angler who weighed fish, whichever is less.
Non-boater whose boater canceled prior to the tournament and is not able to fish will by default be award the same points as an angler who did not weigh any fish.
22. A person who joins the club during the year will get credit for any points already earned as a guest during that year.
22. For the top six, three boaters and three non-boaters, according to the point system, can compete in the Classic Event for no entry fees. The accumulated money will be split 50/50 by the top one of each category. This group will determine the lake to be fished, by their voting. The president will fill empty seats at his discretion.
23. Big Bass of the Year Contest. Any member can enter this contest prior to any tournament by paying $20.00. This fish must be a weighable fish and not a “paper” fish. This prize money does not carry over to the next year.