Scheels Boundary Battle
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota
All rules are to provide a fair and equal playing field for all competitors and are based on a (2) person team (kids optional as 3rd). (4) lines per team. Teams may weigh in (2) catfish over 24” and (1) under 24” per day. Sorting (culling) fish is strictly prohibited!
1. Registration and Rules Meeting will be held June 26th at the Scheels Training Room (2800 S Columbia Road) in Grand Forks, ND at 7pm. At least one member of each team must be present.
2. Boundaries are Oslo, MN boat ramp to Frog Point (Buxton, ND) boat ramp
3. Anglers will be allowed to launch immediately after the rules meeting. NO fishing is allowed in the next day’s section of fishing from 7:00pm to 7:00am. Boat Registration numbers must be checked in before launch on Day 1.
4. NO TRANSFER OR REFUND WITHIN 30 DAYS OF EVENT FOR ANY REASON – NO EXCEPTIONS
5. Teams must compete from a boat and remain in the boat during competition except at tournament headquarters. Fishing within 50 yards of a competitor’s boat, which was first anchored, is prohibited.
6. All fish weighed must be caught by rod and reel with a single hook only (NO TREBLE HOOKS). A maximum of 4 rods per boat may be used.
7. Teams must comply with state fishing and boating regulations, including the use of PFDs and kill switches. Fishing and boating licenses are the responsibility of team members.
8. Fishing hours for are 7:00 AM until 3:00 PM. All anglers must be in the weigh-in line by 3:00 PM. All fish must be boated to the weigh in site. Anglers MUST carry fish to the weigh in in a container such as a cooler or tote. North Landing (below the Riverside Dam) on Saturday and LaFave Park in East Grand Forks on Sunday (In case of high water day 2 will move to Lincoln Park in Grand Forks).
9. Any LEGAL commercial or natural bait will be allowed. Fish must be a minimum of 12” in length to be weighed.
10. A team limit of 3 fish maximum must be alive to weigh in each day. Fish must be kept in a livewell or other container, NO STRINGERS. (ONLY 2 MAY BE OVER 24” IN LENGTH. Should more than 2 fish be over 24” the largest fish will be disqualified) (Culling is prohibited. Once determination is made to keep a fish it cannot be released.) Tournament officials reserve the right to determine if a fish is dead until the release.
11. In case of a tie the payout for two spots will be added and divided evenly.
12. If you win any category on Saturday you MUST fish Sunday or you forfeit all winnings.
13. There will be a polygraph test of one member from a top 5 team or the day 1 or day 2 winning team. The polygraphed team will be determined randomly by public drawing at the conclusion of the tournament. (The team decides which member will be tested.) (see the RELEASE FORM for further information regarding the polygraph examination.)
14. Any protest must be made in writing to the tournament director within 30 minutes following the end of the official weigh-in. A protest must state the rule broken. In the case of a cheating accusation a polygraph may be administered at the expense ($300) of the accuser. Tournament officials reserve the right to submit any team to polygraph.
15. The use of alcoholic beverages is prohibited while fishing.
16. The use of or display of any tobacco or alcohol products in weigh-in line, on stage or during awards ceremonies IS PROHIBITED.
17. Unsportsmanlike conduct may be grounds for disqualification if circumstances require. Decision of Tournament Directors will be final.
18. Entry Fee- $230 per team ($150 to Tournament, $50 to Day Winners, $20 to Big Fish, $10 to Heaviest Slot Fish.)
19. This is an 80% payout tournament. (Based on a full field of 50 boats) 1st- $2,000 (.333), 2nd- $1,500 (.250), 3rd- $1,250 (.208), 4th- $750 (.125), 5th- $500 (.083), Daily Team Winners- $1,000, Daily Big Fish- $500, Daily Heaviest Slot Fish- $250
In case of extreme water/weather conditions, the Red River Valley Catfish Club reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event with the return of entry fees. In case of flood conditions (over 28 feet at East Grand Forks) the tournament will be postponed to August 29/30, 2020.
Upon completion of the tournament, One (1) member of a randomly drawn team (Top 5 or day winner) must submit to and pass a POLYGRAPH TEST and/or any other test deemed necessary to determine compliance with tournament rules. The team member submitting to the examination MUST NOT be under the influence of any intoxicants. If, in the opinion of the polygraph examiner, an examination cannot be completed due to an avoidable physiological condition, such as intoxication, the winning prize will be withheld until such time that an examination may be completed. Only one member of the team will be tested. In the opinion of the examiner, the person tested does not exhibit deception, the prize earned by the team will be awarded. If, in the opinion of the examiner, the person tested exhibits deception, the team will be disqualified and neither member of the team will be awarded a prize. The opinion of the polygraph examiner will be final. Contestants agree to release the individual polygraph examiner and any polygraph company contracted to provide testing services for this tournament, the Red River Valley Catfish Club, and its sponsors of these events, from any liability arising from the administration of the polygraph examination and/or the decision of the polygraph examiner. Contestants also agree that any mention of names or use of photographic likenesses may be used by the Red River Valley Catfish Club and/or the Greater Grand Forks Convention and Visitors Bureau and their sponsors for promotional purposes. All decisions regarding compliance with these rules and the interpretation of these rules will be made by the tournament director and the Red River Valley Catfish Club which reserves the right to make additional reasonable rules for the conduct of their tournaments if circumstances require.
Code of Ethics
Media coverage and attention will be focused on our event, especially at the weigh-in sites. Please present yourself in such a way as we can all be proud. Dress accordingly at the weigh-ins and be at the top of your behavior. The better image we project to our sponsors and America’s youth, the more highlight the sport of catfishing will receive as a whole.
|6/28/2020||2020 Scheels Boundary Battle (Red River Of The North)|